Wednesday, June 8, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day "T - Minus 2"

"Do not fear or be dismayed,
for the battle is not yours but God's.
You need not fight in this battle;
station yourselves, stand and see
the salvation of the LORD on your behalf.
Do not fear or be dismayed;
tomorrow go out to face them,
for the LORD is with you."
2 Chronicles 20:15-17

Today I went to see a gastroenterologist in Longview regarding my stomach issues. The visit was fine, a raft of blood tests was run to determine a number of things (including celiac panel), and an upper GI edoscopy was scheduled for July 21, six weeks out.

SIX WEEKS?! Wow. Rather discouraging when it seems that determining what's going on in my stomach is crucial to my current situation.

The heart palpitations, dizziness and nausea continue to be a factor, the fight to keep weight on rages, and -- oh -- my head has been pretty foggy. To wit--

Funny Moment (now): While with the gastroenterologist, she asked me about family history. She got to my mom and wanted to know if she was living or not and what illnesses she had and cause of death. The normal litany. My answer?

"She is deceased. She died of................umm..........hmmmm.......she died of...........uhhh.........hmmm.......... Ah. Alzheimer's Disease." :-)

Hope and humor keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment