Monday, June 20, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 11

"For, lo, I will command,
and I will sift the house of Israel
among all nations,
like grain is shaken in a sieve,
yet not a grain shall fall upon the earth."
Amos 9:9

'Every sifting comes by divine command and permission.  Satan must ask leave before he can lay a finger upon Job.  No, more, in some sense our siftings are directly the work of heaven, for the text says, "I will sift the house of Israel." Satan, like a drudge, may hold the sieve, hoping to destroy the grain; but the overruling hand of the Master is accomplishing the purity of the grain by the very process which the enemy intended to be destructive.  Precious, but much sifted grain of the Lord's floor, be comforted by the blessed fact that the Lord directs both flail and sieve to His own glory, and to your eternal profit.'  Spurgeon

So, this sifting thing is good. :-)

Today I had a few quiet hours to myself during which I did a lot of online reading.  I found another amazing website that provided a lot of help for me in further determining the presence of adrenal/thyroid issues.  And it's written in the way I think, so I was able to assimilate a ton of information in a short time.  I am very, very grateful.

It had such an impact on me that I thought it might be a good thing to link to this site (and others)  and to a couple of books that could be helpful to anyone who might be interested in seeing if unexplained health problems in their own lives could have a root cause in these hormone issues. I've created a page that links to these sites and books here.  And I'll add to it as I find more.

So, the report is that my weight is holding, my stomach is still quiet, I am eating well and the heart palps and dizziness are gone.

I am now gathering symptom information to give a more complete picture of my metabolic energy condition (thyroid, adrenal, estrogen & progesterone hormones) which will help with determining treatment.  The more complete my records of symptoms over time, the better chance there is of proper order of treatment and the minimizing of negative reactions.The order of treatment for adrenals and thyroid is critical, and apparently that is why I had such a wretched reaction to the initial thyroid meds. So, it's going to take some time, but I am encouraged.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Continued revelation of truth regarding my actual condition(s).
~Still hoping for a local doctor.
~ I need to be able to give a definitive answer by June 30th as to whether I will be able to work 3 weeks in August.  So I need clarity on that.

Thank you for praying!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment