Thursday, June 9, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day "T - Minus 1"

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh."
2 Corinthians 4:7-11

Still dealing with heart palpitations, dizziness and nausea and spending much of my time on my bed. Even reading is more than I feel like doing much of the time. Just so tired.
 
I had a couple of conversations with concerned friends, and talked with one about the thyroid/adrenal connection as regards my symptoms. Very helpful and I will be doing some reading on what she has shared with me.

Dale and I spent time talking about options for dealing with the delay in getting the endoscopy, and decided to try to see my PCP and ask her how she thinks it should be handled. Blessedly, she was able to see me after lunch.

As always, she was compassionate and caring, and agreed that to wait six weeks would be fool-hardy, given the severity of my situation. She then arranged for me to have the procedure done tomorrow afternoon at the hospital with a local doctor. So, that is how tomorrow will be spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment