Tuesday, June 28, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 19

 "Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.
Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18 & 19
 I love this passage.  God has used it many times to encourage me.  The song version by Don Moen got me through some very hard times when we were caring for Dale's dad in the early 2000s.  When things were really rough a few years ago, God used it again to promise a pathway through the forest.  Or desert.  I remembered it again today, and it is encouraging me not to dwell on the past, how things have been (and are) but to look for something new.  He's a God of "new".  His mercies are new every morning.  No sunrise or sunset is ever the same, but always new.  There's new growth every spring.  He gives new songs, new strength.  He made a new covenant, creates a new heart in us and makes us new creatures, then gave us a new commandment.  And in the end, He will make ALL things new.  Here He promises that He will DO something new.  It will spring forth.  And I will be aware of it.  And I will see the roadway in the wilderness accompanied by rivers in the desert.  Very cool. 

Today was better than yesterday, thank the Lord.  I was able to take Boomer to the oral surgeon in Olympia to get his wisdom teeth out.  Not fun, but successful, and he is recovering.  I really wanted to be able to be the one to go with him.  It's a mom thing.  So, I am grateful.

I had the chance to talk with my boss today, and told her that I don't feel I am able to cover the entire 3 weeks, 6 days a week, for her in August, by myself.  She is okay with that, and is looking for someone to work during that time.  I also told her I will do anything I can to share the load, as I am able, with whomever is working, should they need it. So, that is a relief.  A few days ago, the clarity came and I am at peace with it.

There is no other news today.  Just waiting to hear back from the ND regarding the paperwork I sent him yesterday.

Thanks for praying.  I feel the covering.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Wisdom & revelation for the Dr. as he looks at my history and labs, etc. and the clear confirmation, or not, of whether he is the right one.
~ Perseverance through these days.
~ Victory in looking ahead for the new thing He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment