Monday, June 27, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 18

Looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
Hebrews 12:2

"Looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."  Isn't that amazing?  Hebrews 11:6 says that without faith, it is impossible to please Him, and then in 12:2 is says that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.   I just can't get away from the fact (not that I want to!) that without Him, I can do nothing.  Can't take a breath, can't live a day, can't please Him.....without Him.  Jesus gives us the faith we need to please Him.  He perfects it, in order to please Him.  And in the midst of adversity, infirmity, hard times -- how better to perfect my faith?  I love that.  "Looking to Jesus......"  I need to do it.  All the time.

Today has been so very hard.  My stomach is in bad shape.  I feel as if I have the flu, or, as mentioned yesterday, in the first trimester of pregnancy (not possible).  And I am just so worn out from it.  Hard to eat.  Weight loss again.  My neck and back have also been painful for the past several days, and I expected that my back would be "out" when Maggie took me to the doctor today, but it wasn't.  That means all the discomfort I'm experiencing has another source.  Which is good to know, on one hand.  Blessedly, my Dr. is a believer, and listens well.  He prayed for me, in true warrior fashion, and it blessed me.  How God watches over His loved ones.

Maggie and I tried to go check out the other doctor on our trip today, but were unsuccessful.  Hopefully I can solve that by phone.

I received the lab results this afternoon from my latest tests, and they reveal the possibility of mild pancreatitis.  It's not conclusive, but a possibility.  I'm trying to understand causes and treatment, etc. but don't know much yet.  Based on what I've read, I'm guessing that stress and the resultant metabolic issues could be part of it.  It seems that so much is bound up in that.

I have sent off the letter and my health chronology, labs, etc. to the ND brother of my friend.  The more I read of him on his website and on his blog, the more I am impressed.  He is a man of God.  Majorly.  It would be such an answer to prayer if it turns out he is the one God confirms.  At this point, I am hoping that I can go see him very soon.  With how things are now, it may be necessary to pursue IV nutrition to get my body back to the place where it can start working on healing.

So, Today's Prayer Requests:
~ It seems to me that it would be good to be able to see the ND very soon, providing he is the one the Lord confirms.
~ Integration of this new information about possible pancreas problems into the big picture.
~ That I can look to Jesus.  Every minute.
~ When I asked Dale recently what I could do for him in the midst of all this, he said, "Don't give up."  That humbled me.  My back doctor was exhorting me to "Stand firm," and put on the armor each day (Ephesians 6).  So, I would ask that you pray that I can do both.  Stand firm and not give up.
~ I talk with my boss probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you again and again for praying.  I wish there were more words I could use!

1 comment: