Tuesday, June 14, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 5

 "...seeing that His divine power
has granted to us everything pertaining
to life and godliness,
through the true knowledge of Him who called us
by His own glory and excellence."
2 Peter 1:3

This has been a favorite verse of mine since early homeschooling days when there were times I just didn't feel I could do what I needed to do, be who I needed to be, carry on with the day-to-day stuff that sapped my energy with a houseful of little ones.  It admonished me that I have been given everything - everything - I need to do this life and be godly in it.  And it is only by the true knowledge of Him.

I'm reminded of this again in the midst of these health struggles.  He's given me everything I need to deal with life and godliness -- in Himself.

This morning when I was praying, an idea came to me that I believe I will use to help in communicating with two of my doctors.  Writing letters to them explaining the chronology of recent past events in my health, and expressing my ideas and concerns for treatment based on the information I have been gathering.  It is easier for me to write than talk when I am dealing with this kind of stuff.  I have a tendency to get stressed and leave stuff out or muddle my points when faced with the feeling of having to hurry up and stay within the time frame of a medical appointment.  This way, they would already have my thoughts in front of them and we could just discuss them.

Other than that, there is no new news.  I was able to get out today and go to the Farmer's Market and hear the band play.  That was awesome.  And after a strange conversation with a woman there, I laughed really, really hard.  Laughter is good medicine.  :-)

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Dale's job interview tomorrow morning (Wednesday)
~ Clarity in writing the letters.
~ Continued guidance in what comes next.

Thank you for praying!  I feel the covering.

1 comment:

  1. We are continually praying for you and Dale and your children and your doctors! We love you guys so much. You all are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete