Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Prayer Update 2

 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly
beyond all that we ask or think,
according to the power that works within us,
to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus
to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20 & 21

I've read these verses so many times, and have realized their truth on a number of occasions, but yesterday they were made even more real to me than in the past.

Maggie and I are in California to handle some final things regarding my dad and his death in February.  Years ago he had asked that, when the time came, my brother and I scatter his ashes, together with those of our mom, in a couple of special places.  Through a series of events that have been difficult, I thought his ashes had already been scattered, precluding the opportunity to carry out what he had indicated he wanted done.  When we got here, I discovered that this was not the case and that his ashes had been entrusted to me after all.  Through another series of events, I had brought my mom's ashes with us on this trip.  My brother and I had planned to spend the day together up in the mountains in one of the places Dad had wanted their ashes scattered, so we were able to honor his wishes and, in a blessing beyond what I could ask or think, gain some closure over his death.  There is no way I could have orchestrated all that.  I am beyond grateful.

And, in the same vein, yesterday we also committed to a rental home in the Chehalis area which is available to us for a number of months.  It is a very good situation for us and we are so very, very grateful.  We'll be starting the moving process very soon.  Thank you for praying with us about this.  What an amazing "nothing-is-too-difficult-for-Me" God we serve.  Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment