Sunday, July 10, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 31

The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.
Psalm 145:9  
 
" 'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"
From "Blessings" by Laura Story


A dear friend sent me a link to the song "Blessings" today.  Trials being "mercies in disguise" is truth, as far as I'm concerned.  Trials, tribulations, are always sign posts to point me to Jesus.  Always.  Sometimes I miss the first glimpse, though.  I forget and want to complain.  Or I get discouraged.  This song is a good one.  It kinda reminds me of Romans 5 and exulting in tribulations for a whole list of good reasons.

So, tonight I am reminding myself that hard times are His mercies in disguise.  :-)

Not much to report.  Kind of an up and down day.....trying a new probiotic and it doesn't seem to be a good fit, if my stomach and back are any indication!

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ A housing solution and keeping my focus on the Lord and not on all that will have to be done in order to move.  Wherever and whenever that is.
~ Continued figuring out of meds and supplements that will work for me in building up my intestinal and endocrine health.
~ Rejoicing in trials and not getting discouraged on difficult days.

Thanks again for your faithfulness in praying.  I am so very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Love that song. I've sung it a few times at church. Praying. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em. Love you guys, too. :-) I'd love to hear you sing that sometime!

    ReplyDelete