Thursday, July 7, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 28

For You, O LORD, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
Psalm 92:4

On the glorious splendor of Your majesty
And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.
 Psalm 145:5 

I'm thinking about God's works tonight.  Both in the life of my friend Crystal, who I mentioned last night, and in my own life.  I have been very tired today, but my heart is peaceful.  As I read about meditating on the wonderful works of God, it makes me want to do that.  Just sit and reflect on how awesome He is.  Always having our good in mind.  Always.  The hard stuff is part of His love for us.  A place for Him to show off His power.  His wonderful works.  So, I am living in both these verses tonight, being glad at what He has done and singing for joy at the work of His hands, and quietly meditating on all of it and the glorious splendor of His majesty.  How amazing that the God of the universe cares infinitely about me.  About my struggles.  About my joys.  And is using it all to make me more like Jesus and getting me ready for His kingdom.  I am His beloved child.  That is a wonderful work.  :-)

Today I started a new med and have ranged from feeling a little hyper inside, to just so very tired.  Not sure what's going on there, but as the days go by I think things will be made clear.  I was able to eat well today and my stomach has remained pretty quiet.  I have gained and held 3 pounds over this past week.  Yay!  I'm getting into the rhythm of what I need to drink, take (meds/supplements) and eat throughout the days.  There are so many things that have to be drunk, taken or eaten "away" from the others, so it takes a little planning.  I'm getting there!

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Continued prayer on solving our living situation needs.
~ Work issues for me are still stressful.  I need to be able to leave all that with the Lord and not dwell on what I can't do and how I can't help right now.  These are lessons in recognizing that I am not sufficient.  He is.

Thank you for your faithful prayers.  You are amazing.  Each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment