Wednesday, July 13, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 34

Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
Save me and I will be saved,
For You are my praise.
Jeremiah 17:14

Healing is on my mind tonight.  Not so much for me as for my kids.

There is good news about Jessie.  She is doing much better having found a key supplement that is having immediate positive effect.  Praise Jesus!

Daniel is suffering from back injuries sustained in the crash of last weekend.  He is unable to be up for any length of time and can't work full days.  He is seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist, but is still in quite a bit of pain.  We would so appreciate your prayers for healing for him.  Whether outright, or from appropriate treatment that is effective.  Sarah is doing okay.  Just still very tired.  Cooking is one of the hard things right now.  I've done what I've been able to, but if anyone else locally is wanting to help, meals would be great.  You can contact me for details.  debbie.macinnis (@) ymail.com.

Today I spent most of the day gathering information on probiotics, enzymes, protein supplements and endocrine support.  There is so much out there, it's rather overwhelming.  I kinda feel like my mind is ready to explode.  I will be seeing my doctor on Monday morning instead of tomorrow, so I have a little more time to formulate my questions and gather information.  I'd still appreciate prayer in this regard.

I think that's it for today.  Thanks for praying.  So much.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Daniel's healing
~ Effective doctor's appointment on Monday
~ Housing

2 comments:

  1. I was reading my devotional yesterday and thought of you. In the passage regarding Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead in John 11, I've never seen this point brought forth. I was reading in the Message Bible, so that may be why I never caught it before until now! Anyway, in John 11:3, Jesus receives the message that Lazarus is sick. John 11:4, Jesus prophecies regarding the sickness. And then, this is what spoke to me, John 11:5, 6, 7 says, "Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus, but oddly, when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed on where he was for two more days. After the two days, he said to his disciples, 'Let's go back to Judea.'" What!? Why would he wait to bring healing - to show His glory and bring people to believe in Him more fully! This is evidenced by what happens at the end. We know the story so well, but I had never thought about why Jesus waited. We all want our healing quickly and right away, but we have to trust that there may be a reason why Jesus is waiting. Keep hanging on to the hand of the Lord - you and your children! We all love you, and we continue bringing the message to Jesus that you need healing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanna, thank you so much. Truth is so cool. Yes, we will be looking for his glory in the waiting. :-)

    ReplyDelete