Tuesday, July 19, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 40

Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised,
And His greatness is unsearchable.
Psalm 145:3

Wow.  We are at the end of the 40 Days of Prayer, and what comes to mind is this verse.  Great is the LORD!

Once again, I want to go through and highlight His wonderful answers over these past weeks to bring us encouragement and to remind us of His greatness.  All of these have been answered in the affirmative.  Amazing, isn't it?  Our prayers move God on behalf of His loved ones.
So.....going back to the beginning and progressing through today........

~That we'd be able to investigate the gall bladder possibility quickly and effectively.
~That God would reveal to us the root cause(s) of the issues I'm dealing with.
~ That we would be able to discern God's voice in how He wants us to proceed.
~ Looking ahead to Wednesday, that Dale's interview with Catholic Services will go well and that he will get the job.  Soon.
~ Perseverance in adversity and infirmity.  
~ That God would continue to reveal the truth of my health issues and shed light on the paths we are to take in pursuing healing.
~ That the gall bladder test will be definitive (test was negative).
~ Doctor/Nurse conversation later in the week regarding meds/treatment for adrenals and thyroid.
~ I need to be able to give a definitive answer by June 30th as to whether I will be able to work 3 weeks in August.  So I need clarity on that.
~ Accurate results from gall bladder test, and also from blood draws today.
~ This letter and a doctor I can work with, locally or otherwise.  Locally would be so amazing, but maybe it isn't to be.
~ I work my half-day shift tomorrow, and I am looking for His sufficiency in that.
~ This conversation with the ND tomorrow to determine if we feel it would be a good fit to work together on my health issues.
~ It seems to me that it would be good to be able to see the ND very soon, providing he is the one the Lord confirms.
~ Integration of this new information about possible pancreas problems into the big picture. 
~ Wisdom & revelation for the Dr. as he looks at my history and labs, etc. and the clear confirmation, or not, of whether he is the right one.
~ Praise, praise, praise for this amazing answer! (Dr. Matt)
~ An enlightening and productive appointment tomorrow, with the IV therapy making some headway in stabilizing me.
~That the tests would reveal nothing wrong with the baby. (After Daniel's and Sarah's accident)
~ Continued perseverance through the ups and downs of unpredictable days.
~ Continued light to be shone on my endocrine issues, as well as the best treatments and order in which they should be administered.
~ Continued prayer for provision this month before Dale starts getting full paychecks, which will be at the end of the month.
~ Smooth transition with this new med. 
~ Work issues for me are still stressful.  I need to be able to leave all that with the Lord and not dwell on what I can't do and how I can't help right now.  These are lessons in recognizing that I am not sufficient.  He is.
~ I desire continued clarity on treatment options (supplements, meds, etc.), as in what is of most importance and where to put the money we have, and in what order.
~ Continued figuring out of meds and supplements that will work for me in building up my intestinal and endocrine health.
~ Rejoicing in trials and not getting discouraged on difficult days.
~ Jessie's health concerns (from a previous post)
~ Perseverance
~ Effective doctor's appointment on Monday, with clear communication on my part.
~ Clarity in presenting questions to my doctor tomorrow, and helpful & definitive answers.
~ Safety on the crazy I-5 corridor and that we can get there on time.  Last time it was a zoo.
 
I am so grateful for the prayers of all of you through these weeks.  We have truly seen the hand of God orchestrating these amazing answers.  When I think of where we started, walking in the dark as to what my issues are, the discouragement, the seeming hopelessness of dealing with the medical community in a meaningful way, and now realize where we are with a doctor beyond any imaginings, it is just amazing.  The road is still long.  But there is renewed hope and strength in the power of His might, for nothing is too difficult for Him.  Nothing.

I will continue to update the blog through the weeks ahead.  Probably not everyday, but when significant things happen, or needs arise, I will post entries and prayer requests.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your faithful prayers for us.  We are grateful beyond words.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ A housing solution that is perfect in God's eyes.
~ A vehicle for Dale.
~ Continued clarity on treatment for me and positive responses by my body to the ones being implemented, and particularly....
~ Weight gain by focusing on gut health and protein supplementation.  The doctor is targeting 105 as a goal for now. (That's about 13 pounds.)

Bless you, each one.

4 comments:

  1. We will continue to pray for you Miss Debbie! God's grace be with you in the steps ahead. Love, Sarah for all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah. I am praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying here for you too Debbie. May the Lord continue to be glorified in and through us. I pray the His grace be lavished out on you abundantly :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will continue to pray for you, dear friend. His grace is sufficient.
    With love,
    Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete