Wednesday, July 6, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 27

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!
Psalm 150:6

I am rejoicing this day because my friend, Crystal Puckett, who I've known since she was 9 or so, has had a successful kidney transplant after 11 long months of dialysis.  Her brother, Jonny, donated one of his kidneys and the surgery took place yesterday.  Her blood is the cleanest it's been since her renal failure after the birth of her sweet daughter last year.  She and Jessie were close friends during our years in Angels Camp, California, and we've been praying for her through this time of waiting.  Such happy news today.  I am praising the Lord with them!  This is a link to her/their story.

This is now day three of pretty good stomach function.  Yay!  Maggie and I went to Seattle again today -- that's another story! -- for another round of IVs, and I was able to ask my questions and get good answers.  I am SO grateful for this doctor.  So grateful.  I start on a new med tomorrow that we hope will help my adrenal function.  The good things that can come of this are increased energy and better digestion.  I expect it to be an up and down road, but I am encouraged by the progress that has been made in the past week with the enzymes & HCl already.  Being able to eat is a good thing.  :-)

Thank you so much for praying.  I am rejoicing in His answers!

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Smooth transition with this new med.
~ Continued progress on digestive health, accompanied by weight gain.
~ This one again: Clarity for me on treatment options.  As in what is most important.  A triage kind of thing.  Where to put the money we have, and in what order.
~ Provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment