Friday, July 8, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 29

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper
and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
3 John 1:2

I love this verse.  It lets me know that God is concerned about all aspects of my life.  And that the earthy stuff is apparently important, because He compares it with the prosperity of my soul.  I like that.  Especially when I, or a loved one, is in the midst of difficulties, health or otherwise.

Today has been pretty good again.  Still holding my weight, stomach still quiet, still able to eat pretty well, and I was able to cook for band rehearsal tonight.  That's a blessing.  Because I love to cook for all these precious people.  :-)

I am "starting low and going slow" with this new med (DHEA for adrenal support), and today was a little better than yesterday. Patience is a key element here.  This healing is going to take time.  Maybe a lot of time.  I have been so intent on getting well fast so I can keep up with my job, that I kinda lost sight of the patience thing.  The deal with self-sufficiency, and my battle with it, needs to be swallowed up in HIS sufficiency.  It is one of the big lessons in this time of infirmity.  Self-sufficiency is a family trait in my family-of-origin.  A negative trait.  The "I can do it myself and pull myself up by my own bootstraps" stuff.  It's not a godly thing and it's been a long struggle to be rid of it.  Hopefully this will be the death knell of it in my life.

 On another front, and in keeping with the 3 John verse, my daughter Jessie is also dealing with some unexplained health concerns and we would covet your prayers for the ability to determine what the causes are.  I pray that in all respects she may prosper and be in good health, even as her soul prospers.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Jessie's health concerns
~ The manifestation of the Spirit's fruit of patience in my life
~ I think the thing that is still most often at the front of my mind is clarity on treatment options.  As in what is most important and where to put the money we have, and in what order.

Thank you again and again for praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment