Tuesday, July 12, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 33

"I love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
 As for God, His way is blameless;
The word of the LORD is tried;
He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
For who is God, but the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God,
The God who girds me with strength
And makes my way blameless?
He makes my feet like hinds' feet,
And sets me upon my high places.
He trains my hands for battle,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation,
And Your right hand upholds me;
And Your gentleness makes me great.
From Psalm 18

He is my Rock.  My fortress, my stronghold and shield.    He's my Equipper. My strength, my deliverer and salvation.  Aren't those amazing things?

Some I can see, I can visualize.  Pictures of places of refuge in times of battle run through my head.  Impenetrable fortresses, strongholds.  A shield about me as the enemy advances.

And then the things I can't see or touch, but which are part of the battle, nonetheless.  Equipping and training for battle.  Strength.  Deliverance from the enemy.  Salvation from destruction.

He is an awesome God, so intimately acquainted with everything about me and all that I need.  Equipping and enabling me to fight the battles that come. There's a lot of comfort in this Psalm.

The Lord gave me the ability to work the two hours this morning that had been requested of me.  I am thankful for that.  Thank you for your prayers in that regard.

In the search for the best treatment & supplement options, a book came into my hands today that may be of some help.  I will be talking with my doctor on Thursday about the new information I'm trying to process.  I'd appreciate prayer on that.

And an update on Dale.....his job is going well.  He is nearing the end of his training period and has driven clients to appointments ranging from Vancouver in the south to Puyallup in the north.  It appears that it is a good fit in most areas.  That is a blessing.  He is still in need of a car.  Or truck.  Something.  :-)

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Clarity on treatment options, supplements, meds, etc. :-)
~ Perseverance
~ Housing solution
~ Jessie's health concerns (from a previous post)
~ Vehicle for Dale

Thank you for praying.  We are grateful!

2 comments: