Friday, July 15, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 36

 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say of the LORD,
He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in Him will I trust.
Psalm 91:1-2

The secret place of the most High.  "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."  I'm sitting here wondering what that secret place is.  I like the idea of abiding under His shadow.  :-)  Another translation translates "secret place" as "shelter."  I way like "secret place" better.  It has an intimacy to it that "shelter" doesn't.  Any commentary?  This Psalm is so awesome.  All of it.

There's really nothing new to report today for me.  Just plugging along and continuing to gather information to take with me for conversation and questions with my doctor on Monday.  Still doing pretty well with my stomach most of the time and my back is still up and down.  /\../\../\../\.......  :-)

Daniel, Sarah and Xander were here for the evening and it was good to see them.  They are moving slowly and are so very tired.  When Daniel returns to work late next week (hopefully), it will probably be light duty only.  The recovery is harder and taking longer than they anticipated.  We would certainly appreciate continued prayer for them.

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Healing for Daniel and Sarah
~ Housing solution
~ Effective doctor's appointment on Monday, with clear communication on my part.
~ Vehicle for Dale

Thank you for praying!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I'm still with you... praying along. Thank you for all these thoughtful posts and for the encouragement they've been to me. I am trusting the Lord with you for full health and strength -- but I thank Him for the sweet fruit & blessings that are coming from this suffering. with love, pamela

    ReplyDelete