Saturday, July 9, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 30

"Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits."
Psalm 103:2 

"It is a delightful and profitable occupation to mark the hand of God in the lives of ancient saints, but would it not be even more interesting and profitable for us to remark the hand of God in our own lives? Ought we not to look upon our own history as being at least as full of God, as full of his goodness and of his truth, as much a proof of his faithfulness and veracity, as the lives of any of the saints who have gone before?"  C.H. Spurgeon

This was in my devotional reading this morning, and it delighted me.  Yes.  We ought.  :-)  I'm big on this, as I've mentioned before.  Going back through the blessings, the answers, keeping track of His deliverances, His miracles.  Just like David did.  "Forget none of His benefits."  None.  Remember them all.

So, today I worked my half-day shift at the P.O. and made it through.  And did well.  That is a tremendous blessing.  I am so grateful.  If I can at least keep up with Saturdays, it will be a relief.

I am still holding or gaining a little in the weight department.  I'm still able to eat well.  That in and of itself is such an amazing blessing.  Not to feel nauseated most of the time is an incredible thing.  I think I'm doing better with the new med.  Low and slow seems to be working.  That's about it....There isn't really anything else to report. :-)

Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Still asking for a solution to our housing situation.  God knows the best way to solve it.  We're waiting for Him to let us know what that is.  It seems best to us to deal with it during the summer while it's not raining.  As much.  :-)
~ Continued weight gain.  I'm trying some new things that I hope will help in this area.
~ I know I keep asking this, but it is of great concern to me.  I desire continued clarity on treatment options (supplements, meds, etc.), as in what is of most importance and where to put the money we have, and in what order.

Thanks again for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment