Monday, July 4, 2011

40 Days of Prayer - Day 25

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Remember His wonders which He has done,
His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth."
Psalm 105:1& 5

Before jumping into anything else, I want to let you know that the tests last night reveal that there is no problem with Sarah or the baby, at all, at all, and Daniel and Sarah are sore but okay today.  Things could have been so different.  What blessing.  Praise Him!

So, Psalm 105.  I love how God makes each of us so differently, how He instills different characteristics of His image in each of us.  One of the ways He has made me is to be a "rememberer."  From the time I was a little girl, I took pictures, kept memorabilia, wrote in a little diary and, later, journaled.   When I realized this was part of who God is, it was such a sweet thing for me.

The verses in Psalm 105, as well as in 1 Chronicles 16 where the story behind part of Psalm 105 takes place, encourage us to remember His deeds and wonders.  In Acts 7, Stephen runs through the history of Israel, remembering God's works.  Jesus asks us to remember Him, and God's greatest deed in the history of the world, by the bread and wine.  Remember. And make known.

So, tonight I am remembering and making known all the answers to prayer over the past 25 days.  And I thought I'd share them with you so we can rejoice together.  All of these things, God has brought to pass.  In response to your prayers.


~That we'd be able to investigate the gall bladder possibility quickly and effectively.
~That God would reveal to us the root cause(s) of the issues I'm dealing with.
~ That we would be able to discern God's voice in how He wants us to proceed.
~ Looking ahead to Wednesday, that Dale's interview with Catholic Services will go well and that he will get the job.  Soon.
~ Perseverance in adversity and infirmity.  
~ That God would continue to reveal the truth of my health issues and shed light on the paths we are to take in pursuing healing.
~ That the gall bladder test will be definitive (on Wednesday).
~ Doctor/Nurse conversation later in the week regarding meds/treatment for adrenals and thyroid.
~ I need to be able to give a definitive answer by June 30th as to whether I will be able to work 3 weeks in August.  So I need clarity on that.
~ Accurate results from gall bladder test, and also from blood draws today.
~ This letter and a doctor I can work with, locally or otherwise.  Locally would be so amazing, but maybe it isn't to be.
~ I work my half-day shift tomorrow, and I am looking for His sufficiency in that.
~ This conversation with the ND tomorrow to determine if we feel it would be a good fit to work together on my health issues.
~ It seems to me that it would be good to be able to see the ND very soon, providing he is the one the Lord confirms.
~ Integration of this new information about possible pancreas problems into the big picture. 
~ Wisdom & revelation for the Dr. as he looks at my history and labs, etc. and the clear confirmation, or not, of whether he is the right one.
~ An enlightening and productive appointment tomorrow, with the IV therapy making some headway in stabilizing me.
 
To me, this is an amazing remembrance of the faithfulness and lovingkindness of the Lord.  Thank you so much for your faithful prayers.  I am grateful.
 
Today's Prayer Requests:
~ Clarity for me on treatment options.  As in what is most important.  A triage kind of thing.  Where to put the money we have, and in what order.
~ Housing solution soon.  (This one is feeling more and more critical to me.)
~ Traveling mercies as Maggie and I travel up and down I-5 and to Graham.  A lot.
 
Happy Independence Day!  I am grateful for the freedoms we have here that don't exist in other countries.  And pray that we all experience freedom in Jesus, through His Spirit, from the oppression of the enemy. 
 
  "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."
 John 8:36
 

6 comments:

  1. Praise God for all he's done and is doing!! We missed you at the Wiley's. Hope tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph. I missed you guys, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Some people may not say that is much, but in just 25 days in dealing with the "medical world" that is God-initiated turnaround time! That's amazing! I praise God that He continues to direct this chapter of your life - and every other one for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord, this is amazing.
    Continuing in prayer,
    Hugs,
    Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Leanna! I know you know that of which you speak! Thanks so much for praying with us.

    ReplyDelete