Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Specific Request

This is the confidence which we have before Him,
that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 
1 John 5:14

I have a specific prayer request today.  In trying to proceed on the path of pharmaceutical antibiotic treatment, we've run into a bit of a snag.  My prescribing doctor does not have one of two registry numbers which our insurance requires to cover prescription meds.  One of the numbers enables the prescribing of narcotics, which my doctor has no need to prescribe, so she does not have it.  Between us, we are trying to find a way to overcome this difficulty.  One of the meds, a specialty antibiotic, is extremely expensive.  Not only is it beyond our scope of being able to purchase it outside of insurance coverage, there is always the possibility that I may not tolerate the drug.  We don't want to end up with meds that cannot be used, no matter who pays for them.

So my request is first, that my doctor can solve the prescription problem via another doctor who has the required registry numbers and would be willing to see me and work as a team with us, and then that we would be able to devise a plan to test the meds without purchasing a full course.

We are ever mindful that the Great Physician knows all things and is the only One who knows what is best for me.  We trust that if this treatment path doesn't work out, He wants us to do something else.  I am totally confident in His leading and am resting in that.

Thank you so much for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment