Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Conformed to the image of His Son....

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined
to become conformed to the image of His Son...
Rom 8:29

This past week has been a roller coaster for me.  After feeling as well as I have in a really long time, yesterday things came crashing down again.  The nausea is back with a vengeance.  No one knows why it went away or why it has returned.  Except God, of course!

After multiple conversations with both doctors, and calls to the pharmacy and our insurance provider, we are still waiting for a definitive go-ahead for the insurance to cover the most expensive of the meds I'm slated to take.  Because I was doing well, Dr. Allison and I had decided to wait and see what changes might come before deciding for sure on taking the "big guns," but wanted to have them ready to go should we choose to use them.  When we know more from the insurance provider, we will make that decision based on where I am at that time.

We'd appreciate continued prayer for wisdom and discernment as we make these medication decisions in the weeks ahead.  And I would covet your prayers as I ride this roller coaster.  It was awesome to feel good for that week!  At the same time, it is hard to feel well and then be plunged into feeling badly again, rather than to have the consistency of feeling lousy.  That is probably rather warped, but it's the truth of how I'm feeling. :-)

In the midst, the truth I know is that God is good.  All the time.  He can't be other than He is.  And He IS good.  And, amazingly, He loves me and is working out the conforming of me to the image of His Son, breaking away the stuff that doesn't look like Jesus.  Kinda like Michaelangelo did when he chipped away all the bits that weren't David or Jesus or Moses.  Before long there they were, having emerged because Michaelangelo saw them in those blocks of marble and in essence freed them to be what he had in his mind.

I really want to be who God made me to be.  Conformed to the image of His Son.  And all of this is part of it.  I'm convinced.  Doesn't mean it isn't hard.  But it's good for me to try to see things from that perspective. His perspective.  And give thanks and count it nothing but joy in the midst of trials, because He says that's what I'm to do and that there will be good results in my life because of it.  James is awesome.

Thanks for praying!  I know I've said it many times, but I mean it every single time.  I can't imagine where we'd be without your prayers.

7 comments:

  1. That's the best perspective to have.
    Praying for you,
    Hugs,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, Debbie - I so understand the fresh ache of returning to suffering after a moment of relief :( Praying Psalm 63 over you this morning...

    "When I remember You upon my bed,
    and meditate on You in the watches of the night;
    for You have been my help,
    and in the shadow or Your wings I will sing for joy.
    My soul clings to You;
    Your right hand upholds me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Crystal. I know you do. I love Psalm 63. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete