Friday, January 18, 2013

Answers....

  God will hear and answer them--
Even the One who sits enthroned from of old.
Psalm 55:19

We have some answers to share.....not that silence isn't an answer, sometimes.  But we have some "audible" answers here today.

First, I heard from Dr. Siebecker that a compatriot of hers is willing to see me and prescribe the medication (in collaboration with her) so that our insurance will cover the expensive meds.  This new-to-me doctor is also from the Portland area and works with Dr. Siebecker in the SIBO arena.  We are so grateful for this apparent open door.  After I see her, we'll proceed with the meds and determine whether they are going to work for me.

Second, I have an appointment with a local naturopath/holistic doctor on Monday.   Our hope is that he will be willing to work with us and Dr. Siebecker for things that can be handled locally, such as IV therapy, should I need it in the future.

Third, I have actually gained a little weight this past week with the addition of some non-gluten grains to my diet.  My cognitive functions are better and I am stronger.  All of it good.  Though the grains aren't the best for the SIBO situation, it is more important right now to stay the weight loss spiral and then deal with the SIBO with the "big guns" medication.

Thank you so much for praying!  I will update again next week, or perhaps a little later, when we have more information on things.

Bless you, each one.


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, friend, and will put you on the prayer list at church.
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete