Friday, January 11, 2013

Our hope is in Him

"May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
Even as we put our hope in You."
Psalm 33:22

Yesterday's doctor's appointment was interesting.  The most recent results from the breath test I did over the weekend show that the SIBO is substantially worse now after initial treatment than it was when first tested.  My symptoms bear this out.

This is something at which I shouldn't really be surprised.  In my medical history, there have been many times when my body hasn't responded "correctly" to medical treatments.  I am not "normal" in this way.

My doctor described this reaction as "angry bacteria."  Somehow they have risen up and proliferated, as opposed to dying in the face of killing levels of natural antibiotics.  The path she believes I need to follow now is to use the big guns - pharmaceutical antibiotics in various combinations in order to kill the bacteria, but also keep the possible yeast overgrowth in check, something about which I have to be very careful given my persistent history of Candida overgrowth.

The other thing she is recommending is that I get IV nutritional intervention therapy to help with the weight loss problem.  My ability to eat is severely hampered by my reactions to even my "safe" foods now.  So I am seeking to find a way to effect a solution to the IV therapy without having to go into the hospital.

I am currently reading a book called Brokenness by Nancy DeMoss.  The reality of brokenness in my life is something that I want to understand and have manifested in the way that will allow God to revive my heart.  The book is so very good.  The bottom line, as I understand it at this point, is that brokenness is a state of relinquishing my will completely and embracing His.  "Not my will, but Yours."  This involves the recognition and demolition of my pride and arrogance, replaced by true humility.

This is a beautiful stage for me see His power in bringing me to that point.  Anti-biotics and hospitals are two things that I seek to avoid at all costs.  Not my will, only His.

Please pray for us as we work through these new developments and the possible rocky days ahead.  I am very weary.  The struggle with difficult symptoms continues to take its toll.  And it's hard on my family.

Thank you all for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Debbie, One verse I want you to meditate/ponder on since you received this possible heart-renching report:

    KJV Esther 4:14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

    NAS Esther 4:14 "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?"

    NKJ Esther 4:14 "For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lady,
    Surrender is indeed the only way through the brokenness. How beautiful that He is touching you know with some sense of His desires for you. My heart continues to go out to you and I know He is holding you very very tight.

    <3
    Sam O.

    ReplyDelete