Monday, July 8, 2013

Quick Update

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
  who comforts us in all our affliction
so that we will be able to comfort those
who are in any affliction with the comfort
with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

How I've found this to be true.  Affliction causes a deeper appreciation and understanding of the suffering of others.  I pray that mine will produce the ability to comfort others as God has comforted me.

I have completed the most recent course of antibiotic treatment recommended by my new doctor.  At this point, there doesn't seem to be any change in my symptoms.  I'm taking an intensive course of probiotics for the next few weeks and we'll see if that increases the number of good bacteria in my system.  He says that usually in about a month, the allergy issues show improvement if all allergens have been avoided.  I'm doing well on that point, so we'll see if the next couple of weeks show any difference in that arena.

For the past 5 days, I've been beset with major flu-like nausea again.  It's been awhile since it's been this bad.  I'd appreciate prayer as we continue to walk this path.

Bless each of you for your involvement in our lives through prayer and encouragement.  We're so grateful.

2 comments: