Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Personalized Prayer from Ephesians....

"I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened,
so that I will know what is the hope of Your calling,
what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints,
and what is the surpassing greatness of Your power
toward me who believes.  These are in accordance with
the working of the strength of Your might
which You brought about in Christ
when You raised Him from the dead...."
Ephesians 1:18-20

I'm reading in Ephesians in my devotional time, and I love Paul's prayers.  They are always so full of truth and power.  This one is on my heart and mind today.  Especially "His power toward me who believes."  His power in me to walk the road He has for me today.  And tomorrow.  And next week, and so on for the rest of my life.  His power in me, not mine.

I'm in a rough patch again that hasn't let up for about 2 1/2 weeks.  I've had just a couple of good days in that stretch of time, and I'm kinda wearing thin.  I would so appreciate your prayers as we wait for things to come together for the reading of tests and the next step.

In my last missive, I mentioned that there were a couple of things standing in the way of getting the tests read.  One of them has been taken care of, and now we are waiting for the second one to be solved, it being that Dr. Matt is in the process of opening his own practice and isn't yet able to see patients.  We are eagerly awaiting the time that he is open for business.

Meanwhile, I would so appreciate your prayers for a couple of things.  For me, perseverance.  Some days it is hard not to just want to curl up and hope it all goes away.  I am grateful for the temperament and personality the Lord has given me that make it hard for me to not fight to keep going.  If I didn't have that drive, it would be easy to loose ground and sink. And then for my family.  It is continually hard on my dear husband and my children, who are powerless to do anything to change my situation.  And I need to not carry that burden, either.

In the midst, I am so grateful for my family and my friends who are so supportive of me.  It would be so hard if I were alone in this.  And I am so grateful for all of you who pray for me, for us.  You are a continual blessing in our lives.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I love those verses from Ephesians. Keeping you and the family in prayer.
    Hugs,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete