Monday, May 20, 2013

Next steps.....

We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7

As you sit quietly in my Presence, remember that I am a God of abundance.  I will never run out of resources; My capacity to bless you is unlimited.  It is impossible for you to comprehend the lavishness of My provisions: the fullness of My glorious riches.  Even now you have access to as much of Me as you have faith to receive.  Rejoice in My abundance--living by faith, not by sight.
From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Just a quick update here for all of you.  My appointment with Doctor #8 went well on Tuesday, I think.  He is a good listener and conservative in his approach to testing beyond the immediate things he sees as necessary.  Two particular types of testing are what we are pursuing right now.  Blood anti-body tests for food allergens and a DNA stool test which is able to determine things beyond the normal cultured stool tests.  He's looking for food allergens in three different antibody types, and the stool tests look for bacteria, yeast and parasites, and a number of things related to them.  We won't know anything for 3-4 weeks and then at that point I'll be able to eliminate the foods indicated as allergens and start whatever treatment is indicated for the revealed bowel ecology issues.

I am cautiously optimistic.  There've been a number of times where we've thought, "Aha!  This is the problem and when we treat it, I'll be headed for feeling better," but each time has brought the reverse.  So, we walk by faith, not by sight, knowing that God has this covered and whatever He desires for me will be played out.

Thanks for your faithfulness in praying for us.  When I talk with those of you I see and you ask how I'm doing, letting me know of your continued support in prayer, it encourages me so much.  We are greatly blessed by all of you.

2 comments:

  1. OK ~ thanks for the update. Will keep you in prayer.
    Hugs,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete